Sunday, May 24, 2009

Neo-Dada

I have decided to create a Movement. Not 'a movement', as in a dance move, but 'A Movement', as in a social theory. Neo-Dada will do. It will mean more technology, more humour, more politics, more of everything, drawing on everything that is fabulous about Post-Modernism and Post-Structuralism.

However, it will also mean more linguistic possibilities, not the deconstruction of to make a statement. I will never recite "Dada-dada-dada-dada" on stage in Berlin to make a point. I will never point at the audience and kick the air in silence in Russia to make a point. I will never undress for Laban to make a point. (Terrible in joke. See Labananotation.)

I will however prepare for 'The Sex and Death show' in August at 'The Thirsty Dog' tavern on K'rd. It will involve Kate Bush choreography with Samurai swords, poetry, tin whistle, singing, all in the spirit of good ascerbic humour, in the spirit of the movement now known as, 'Neo-Dada.'

That rocks. Thanks Nicholas Mans. Hee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment