Friday, May 8, 2009

An antidote to Barbie.

A woman PsychoTherapist I know and converse with occasionally has come up with a brilliant name for a dance business for me. "An Antidote to Barbie." I can't think of anything better. I am currently giving the opportunity for my friend's 2 girls to dress in costumes, leap from leopard print poofs into the air, landing leopard like, run, jump, yell, twirl like banshees....to World Music, Classical, Rock....thus the coining of the name. My friend has been told by her daughter's teacher that her wee one, at age 7, is "a galumper".......because she can't skip. What she can do is name every bug in the garden, pick them up, (spiders and wetas included), peer at them close up, and tell anyone within range every detail of their anatomy. She has attitude seeping from every pore, and astonishes me with her language capabilities. I understand that skipping is part of the developmental process, but to me the above is so much more interesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment